Flown - Minack Theatre 2017
In April 2017 I worked with the circus company Pirates of the Carabina to present Flown at the spectacular Minack Theatre in Cornwall. This was an interesting gig with several challenges such as:
- Access to the stage via about a hundred steps zig-zagging along the terraces.
- A control booth from which view of the stage was - marginal at best
- No time to actually rehearse the show in darkness - lit it and hoped for the best when it got dark.
- All the set had to be ground supported
- All lighting fixtures were bolted to various bits of scaff tube and couldnt be moved.
Plenty of logistical puzzles, most of which involved rigging. Lighting equipment used was what the theatre had in place already. Basically a rather rusty assortment of profiles, floods and Pars. I got to place some strategic floorlights and program and run it from my Avolites Titan Mobile. Fantastic location though and Flown worked very well in the space.